How to Register Your Whippet with WRA (updated 8/30/2014)
Step 1: Submitting Registration Papers
To be eligible to race with WRA, a whippet must be registered with one of the following organizations:
· American Kennel Club (AKC) https://www.akc.org/
· Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) http://www.ckc.ca/en
· United Kennel Club (UKC) http://www.ukcdogs.com
Registration papers from one of the above three organizations can be submitted to the registrar as follows:
1. A hard copy of the papers can be mailed: Allie Smith, 13208 Arlene Court, Bealeton, VA 22712
2. An electronic copy of the papers can be emailed (this includes scanned copies or photos): email@example.com
3. A hard copy of the papers can be presented to the race secretary at the meet where the whippet will be a First Time Entry (FTE). The race secretary will then submit the papers to the registrar.
When submitting papers, please make sure the owner’s address appears on the papers and include the call name of the whippet in your correspondence.
A note on numbers: once the papers are received, the registrar will enter your whippet in the database. You will receive confirmation of this but you will not receive a registration number.
A note on foreign registrations: A whippet with a foreign registration (and a certified COO pedigree of three generations) shall be issued a temporary WRA registry, and be allowed to race for a period of six months, subject to receiving AKC, UKC, or CKC registration. This temporary registry may be extended for a period of three months. No further extensions will be permitted.
A note on ineligible registrations: Whippets carrying Indefinite Listing Papers (ILPs) from the AKC, a Limited Privilege Listing (PL) from the UKC, or a Performance Event Number (PEN) from the CKC are NOT eligible to run in the WRA Program.
Step 2: Paying the $2 fee
A $2 fee is required for each whippet registered with WRA. This fee can be sent to the Secretary/Treasurer as follows:
· A check made out to WRA can be mailed: Kathy Slater, 241 Prairietown Road, Dorsey, IL 62021
· Payment can be made via PayPal using this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note in the comments the call name of the whippet being registered.
· The fee can be paid to the race secretary at the meet where the whippet will be a First Time Entry (FTE). The race secretary will then submit the fee to the Secretary/Treasurer.